In addition to giving Grants for projects initiated by organizations or individuals, The Foundation plans to conduct charitable projects on its own. Below are a number of potential projects, listed by category.
Here are some ideas. What are your suggestions?
To send suggestions for a potential project, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep Our History Alive
- Memorialize the Rose Valley Historic District by creating a photographic and narrative presentation on a website.
- Preserve and repair the Will Price Gate Posts located in Pew Park and at the entrances to Old Mill Lane, Traymore Lane, Porter Lane and Roylencroft Lane.
- Rebuild the rock wall opposite Hedgerow Theatre on the other side of Rose Valley Road.
- Install Historic Plaques at the ruins of the 1890’s Seekers-After-Knowledge cabin; the early 1600’s remnant of the Minquas Trail; the 1780s dam and mill race behind the Old Mill; and the Will Price Memorial Bridge north of the Swimming Pool. Each of these sites is on the National Register of Historic Places.
Preserve Our Natural Environment
- Support efforts to remove invasive plants and reforest our park lands with native vegetation protected from deer.
- Support efforts to reclaim wetlands with native trees and plants.
- Reclaim and beautify the “secret” amphitheater located opposite Hedgerow Theatre on the bank between Rose Valley Road and the first group of new homes in Traymore.
- Support efforts to preserve open space.
Beautify Our Public Spaces
- Create and endow a garden adjacent to the gate house ruins on Old Mill Lane.
- Create and endow a garden at the corner of Rose Valley and Brookhaven Roads (if this property becomes available).
- Support the continued beautification of Pew Park and our public gardens.
Improve Our Quality of Life
- Enhance public celebrations like the 4th of July Celebration and Valley Voices concert events.
- Endow maintenance of selected public walking trails.
- Place benches along walking trails in one of our wildlife preserves.
(Donors may inscribe a bench in memory of a loved one.)
- Create a small Veterans Memorial on the site of the former Gate House at the entrance to Old Mill Lane. Hold a brief ceremony each Veterans Day.
- Install a flag pole that can fly a large American Flag visible from Rose Valley Road on Flag Day, Memorial Day, Veterans Day and July 4th.
- Organize future Memorial Day observances.
- Participate in Borough organizations: Gardeners, EAC, Town Watch, Hedgerow Guild, Folk, RVSP, etc.
Click to enlarge photos